Emad F. Youssef, MD
Emad F. Youssef, MD
Dr. Emad Youssef completed his medical degree at Cairo University in Egypt and his residency at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan. He previously was the Medical Director at Arkansas Cancer Institute and has held positions as Assistant Professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine and Assistant Lecturer at the National Cancer Institute – Egypt. Dr. Youssef has researched and published extensively on the use of radiation therapy to treat head and neck cancers. He is board certified in Radiation Oncology by the American Board of Radiology.
Learn more about Dr. Youssef and Arizona Oncology Services
Please Note: This website may be of interest or information to you. This website is independent of Catholic Healthcare West (CHW) and Barrow Neurological Institute. As such, Barrow and CHW do not endorse or sponsor this site, nor do we vouch for the any of the information contained within this site.
Education, Training, and Previous Positions
- 2009: Radiation oncologist, Barrow Neurological Institute
- 2007-2009: Medical Director, Radiation Oncology Department, Arkansas Cancer Institute
- 2003-2007: Assistant Professor, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine
- 2003: Doctorate Degree of Radiation Oncology, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- 2002: American Board of Radiation Oncology
- 2002-2003: Assistant Lecturer, National Cancer Institute-Egypt, Cairo, Egypt
- 2001-2002: Chief Resident, Radiation Oncology Department, Wayne State University
- 2001: Elective in Brachytherapy, Beth Israel Medical Center
- 2001: Basic Laboratory research, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute – a NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center
- 2000: Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR), 1st part, London, United Kingdom
- 1998-1999: Transitional Year training, Internal Medicine Department, Detroit Medical Center
- 1997-2001: Residency in Gershenson Radiation Oncology Center, in affiliation with Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute - a NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center, Wayne State University, School of Medicine
- 1995-1997, Assistant Lecturer , Radiation Oncology Department, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- 1995: Clinical Demonstrator, Radiation Oncology Department, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- 1995: Master degree of Radiation Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- 1993-1995: Resident, Radiation Oncology Department, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University, Cairo Egypt
- 1990: Bachelor degree of Medicine and Surgery M.B.B.CH, Excellent with Honor, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Selected Professional Memberships and Appointments
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- European Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ESTRO)
- American college of radiation oncology (ACRO)
- American Radiation residents Association (ARRO)
- American College of Radiologists (ACR)
Selected Honors and Awards
- 2000: Resident Award, American College of Radiation Oncolgy
- 1999: Resident Award, Michigan Society of therapeutic radiology
- 1998: Resident Award, Michigan Society of therapeutic radiology
- Klimberg VS, Kepple J, Shafirstein G, Adkins L, Henry-Tillman R, Youssef E, Brito J, Talley L, Korourian S. eRFA: excision followed by RFA-a new technique to improve local control in breast cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. Nov 2006;13(11):1422-1433.
Youssef E, Chuba P, Salib N, Yoo GH, Penagaricano J, Ezzat W, Aref A. Pathological distribution of positive lymph nodes in patients with clinically and radiologically N0 oropharyngeal carcinoma: implications for IMRT treatment planning. Cancer J. Sep-Oct 2005;11(5):412-416.
- Penagaricano JA, Papanikolaou N, Yan Y, Youssef E, Ratanatharathorn V. Feasibility of cranio-spinal axis radiation with the Hi-Art tomotherapy system. Radiother Oncol. Jul 2005;76(1):72-78.
- Otero-Garcia JE, Youssef E, Enamorado, II, Du W, Yoo GH, Merati K, Kewson D, Lonardo F, Jacobs JR, Kim H. Prognostic significance of p53 and FHIT in advanced oropharyngeal carcinoma. Am J Otolaryngol. Jul-Aug 2004;25(4):231-239.
Youssef E, Tekyi-Mensah S, Hart K, Bolton S, Forman J. Intermittent androgen deprivation for patients with recurrent/metastatic prostate cancer. Am J Clin Oncol. Oct 2003;26(5):e119-123.
Youssef E, Forman JD, Tekyi-Mensah S, Bolton S, Hart K. Therapeutic postprostatectomy irradiation. Clin Prostate Cancer. Jun 2002;1(1):31-36.
Youssef E, Fontanesi J, Mott M, Kraut M, Lucas D, Mekhael H, Ben-Josef E. Long-term outcome of combined modality therapy in retroperitoneal and deep-trunk soft-tissue sarcoma: analysis of prognostic factors. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. Oct 1 2002;54(2):514-519.
- Levin KJ, Youssef EF, Sloan AE, Patel R, Zabad RK, Zamorano L. Gamma knife radiosurgery in patients with advanced breast cancer undergoing bone marrow transplant. J Neurosurg. Dec 2002;97(5 Suppl):663-665.
- Aref A, Thornton D, Youssef E, He T, Tekyi-Mensah S, Denton L, Ezzell G. Dosimetric improvements following 3D planning of tangential breast irradiation. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. Dec 1 2000;48(5):1569-1574.
View complete list of publications on PubMed