Lynn S. Ashby, MD
Lynn S. Ashby, MD
Assistant Director, Neuro-Oncology Program
Education, Training, and Previous Positions
- 1999-2000: Staff Neurologist, Neuro-Oncologist, Barrow Neurology Group
- 2000-2001: Staff Neurologist, Hawaii Permanente Medical Group
- 2001-2003: Staff Neurologist, Neuro-Oncologist, Straub Clinic and Hospital
- 2001-2003: Neuro-Oncology Consultant, Gamma Knife Center of the Pacific
- 2003-2006: Medical Student Clerkship Director (Neurology), Barrow Neurological Institute
- 1997-1999: Fellowship, Barrow Neurological Institute, Neuro-Oncology
- 1996-1997: Chief Resident, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Neurology
- 1994-1996: Residency, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Neurology
- 1993-1994: Internship, Evanston Hospital, Internal Medicine
- 1988-1993: MD, Northwestern University Medical School
- 1984-1986: MA, Northwestern University Graduate School
- 1974-1977: BSS, Northwestern University School of Speech
Selected Professional Memberships and Appointments
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Society for Clinical Oncology
- Society for Neuro-Oncology
- Leksell Gamma Knife Society
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group
- Chairman, Future Sites Committee; Board of Directors (nonvoting member), Society for Neuro Oncology (SNO)
- Steering Committee; Neurosurgical Subcommittee; Low Grade Glioma Subcommittee; Meningioma Subcommittee; Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG): Brain
- Editorial Review Boards: Journal of Neuro-Oncology, World Neurosurgery
- Dashti SR, Sauvageau E, Smith KA, Ashby LS. Nonsurgical treatment options in the management of intracranial meningiomas. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2009;1:494-500.
Ashby LS. Low-grade glioma: no longer to treat or not to treat, but why to treat. Surg Neurol. Aug 6 2009.
- Smith KA, Ashby LS, Gonzalez LF, Brachman DG, Thomas T, Coons SW, Battaglia M, Scheck A. Prospective trial of gross-total resection with Gliadel wafers followed by early postoperative Gamma Knife radiosurgery and conformal fractionated radiotherapy as the initial treatment for patients with radiographically suspected, newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme. J Neurosurg. Dec 2008;109 Suppl:106-117.
Ashby LS, Ryken TC. Management of malignant glioma: steady progress with multimodal approaches. Neurosurg Focus. 2006;20(4):E3.
Ashby LS, Shapiro WR. Low-grade glioma: supratentorial astrocytoma, oligodendroglioma, and oligoastrocytoma in adults. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. May 2004;4(3):211-217.
Ashby LS, Shapiro WR. Intra-arterial cisplatin plus oral etoposide for the treatment of recurrent malignant glioma: a phase II study. J Neurooncol. Jan 2001;51(1):67-86.
- Coons SW, Ashby LS. Pathology of intracranial neoplasms. Neuroimaging Clin N Am. Nov 1999;9(4):615-649.
View complete list of publications on PubMed