Jennifer Eschbacher, MD
Jennifer Eschbacher, MD
Education, Training, and Previous Positions
- 2007-2009: Fellowship, Neuropathology, Barrow Neurological Institute
- 2006-2007: Residency, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center (Chief Resident, 2007)
- 1998: MD, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- 1992: BS, Biology, University of Alaska, cum laude
Selected Honors and Awards
- 2008: National Scholar Award, College of American Pathology
- 2008: Second place, Oral Research Presentation, Academic Excellence Day, University of Arizona
- 2006, 2008: Research presentations selected for Stowell-Orbinson award competition, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- 2000-2002: Ranked number one in the United States, mountain bike racing, National Off-Road Bike Racing Association (NORBA)
- 1998: Honors Received in: Neurology, Pediatrics (twice), Radiology (twice), Family Practice, Biostatistics, and Epidemiology
- 1991-1992: Seawolf Academic Scholoarship, University of Alaska
- 1991: Internship, US Senate, Washington DC, Senator Ted Stevens
- 1990: National Science Foundation Research Internship
- Sanai N, Eschbacher J, Hattendorf G, Coons SW, Preul MC, Smith KA, Nakaji P, Spetzler RF. Intraoperative Confocal Microscopy for Brain Tumors: A Feasibility Analysis in Humans. Neurosurgery. Feb 16 2011.
- Hu LS, Baxter LC, Pinnaduwage DS, Paine TL, Karis JP, Feuerstein BG, Schmainda KM, Dueck AC, Debbins J, Smith KA, Nakaji P, Eschbacher JM, Coons SW, Heiserman JE. Optimized preload leakage-correction methods to improve the diagnostic accuracy of dynamic susceptibility-weighted contrast-enhanced perfusion MR imaging in posttreatment gliomas. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. Jan 2010;31(1):40-48.
- Welsh JW, Ellsworth RK, Kumar R, Fjerstad K, Martinez J, Nagel RB, Eschbacher J, Stea B. Rad51 protein expression and survival in patients with glioblastoma multiforme. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. Jul 15 2009;74(4):1251-1255.
- Kislin KL, McDonough WS, Eschbacher JM, Armstrong BA, Berens ME. NHERF-1: modulator of glioblastoma cell migration and invasion. Neoplasia. Apr 2009;11(4):377-387.
- Hu LS, Baxter LC, Smith KA, Feuerstein BG, Karis JP, Eschbacher JM, Coons SW, Nakaji P, Yeh RF, Debbins J, Heiserman JE. Relative cerebral blood volume values to differentiate high-grade glioma recurrence from posttreatment radiation effect: direct correlation between image-guided tissue histopathology and localized dynamic susceptibility-weighted contrast-enhanced perfusion MR imaging measurements. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. Mar 2009;30(3):552-558.
- Gonzalez LF, Lekovic GP, Eschbacher J, Coons S, Spetzler RF. A true malignant schwannoma of the eighth cranial nerve: case report. Neurosurgery. Aug 2007;61(2):E421-422; discussion E422.
View complete list of publications on PubMed