Barrow Neurological Institute is located on the campus of St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
in Phoenix, Arizona
You can be referred to the Barrow Cleft and Craniofacial Center by many different sources such as: PCP (Primary Care Provider), any member of the Barrow Cleft and Craniofacial team, the Barrow Resource Link, community physical therapists and speech-language pathologists, and the Craniofacial Foundation of Arizona.
Patients should provide copies of their medical records, including laboratory and radiographic studies. Out-of-state patients may undergo a clinical evaluation before their craniofacial conference.
When you visit the Barrow Cleft and Craniofacial Center, your care follows a routine sequence as listed below.
- You will be seen by a plastic craniofacial surgeon for consultation, initial evaluation, and recommendations.
- You will complete registration and be scheduled for clinic and conference.
- On the day of the conference, you will be examined by team specialists.
- Your photograph will be taken for evaluation purposes and for comparison at a later time.
- Specialists will visit with you and discuss the recommended treatment.
- The Barrow Cleft and Craniofacial Team will formulate a plan of care in conference.
- A summary report of multi-specialty evaluations and recommendations will be sent to you and your provider.
- The RN-Program Coordinator will contact you to discuss the summary and treatment plan.
If you have a congenital or genetic craniofacial anomaly, you may qualify for government-covered insurance. All visits are pre-authorized.
Claims are processed according to your insurance requirements. Copayments, which are determined by the specific insurance carrier, must be paid at the beginning of each visit.
For more information, please call 602-406-FACE (602-406-3223).
Barrow Children's Cleft and Craniofacial Center
Barrow Neurological Institute of
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
124 West Thomas Road, Suite 320
Phoenix, Arizona 85013
Clinic hours: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Conference hours: 5:15 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.