Maggie Bobrowitz, RN, MBA
Maggie Bobrowitz, RN, MBA
Neuroscience Program Coordinator
Hypothalamic Hamartoma Center
Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus Center
Ms. Bobrowitz is the Neuroscience Coordinator for the Barrow Pituitary Center, Hypothalamic Hamartoma Center, and Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus Center. Through collaboration with others she serves as program developer, conference facilitator, patient liaison and educator, and clinical coordinator for patients, physicians, and other team members.
Originally from Dublin, Ireland, Ms. Bobrowitz has been a resident of Arizona for most of her adult life. She holds degrees in both nursing and business administration. She has been the Program Coordinator for Neurosciences at Barrow since December 2002. Before taking on that role she worked as a nurse in the neurosurgical operating room for approximately fifteen years, serving as clinical supervisor over the last three of those years. Ms. Bobrowitz has been recognized for many of her accomplishments over the years, and received the BNI Nurse of the Year Award in 2002.
Education, Training, and Previous Positions
- 2009: MBA with honors, Emphasis in Health System Management, Grand Canyon University
- 2002-present: Neuroscience Program Coordinator, Barrow Neurological Institute
- 2001: BA, Business Management, University of Phoenix
- 1999-2002: Clinical Supervisor, Neurosurgery, Barrow Neurological Institute
- 1988-1999: Staff Nurse II, Neurosurgery, Barrow Neurological Institute
- 1987: Associates Degree of Nursing, Gateway Community College, Phoenix
- 1986-1988: Staff Nurse, Neurorehabilitation
- 1986: License in Practical Nursing
Selected Professional Memberships and Appointments
- Association of Operative Registered Nurses
- Acoustic Neuroma Association
- Hydrocephalus Association Affiliate Advisory Board
Selected Honors and Awards
- 2002: Barrow Nurse of the Year
- 1995: Nursing Excellence Award
- 1999: Leadership Award for Mentoring
- Ng Y-t, Rekate HL, Prenger EC, Wang NC, Chung SS, Feiz-Irfan I, Johnsonbaugh R, Varland MR, Kerrigan JF. Endoscopic resection of hypothalamic hamartomas for refractory symptomatic epilepsy. Neurology. 2008;70:1543-1548.
- Ng Y-t, Rekate HL, Prenger EC, Chung SS, Feiz-Erfan I, Wang N, Varland MR, Kerrigan JF. Transcallosal resection of hypothalamic hamartoma for intractable epilepsy. Epilepsia 2006;47:1192-1202.
- Ng YT, Hastriter EV, Wethe J, Chapman KE, Prenger EC, Prigatano GP, Oppenheim T, Varland M, Rekate HL, Kerrigan JF. Surgical resection of hypothalamic hamartomas for severe behavioral symptoms. Epilepsy Behav. 2011 Jan;20(1):75-8. Epub 2010 Dec 3.