Committed to Total Care
The physicians and staff of the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center are comitted to making life better for all who are affected by Parkinson's disease, be they patients, their families or their caregivers. In that spirit, we have assembled the following resources in the hope that they will aid with disease management.
Visitors to the Resource Center can browse through a library of books and videos covering a wide variety of topics, use a computer or access health information or pick up free educational material. Staff at the Resource Center are available to answer questions and to provide the latest information about Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders.
It is not necessary to be a participant in Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center programs to access these resources.
Contact the MAPC Resource Center
Office hours of the Resource Center are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. If you have any questions, please call (602) 406-4921.
The services of the social worker are many and varied, because the needs of people with Parkinson's disease and their families are unique. Services include:
- Referrals to agencies for support in the home
- Counseling with families for needs related to alternative living arrangements
- Assistance with applications for Social Security Disability and Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS)
- Facilitating family conferences
- Providing counseling and emotional support for individuals and care partners when coping with changes and loss
- Providing instruction and forms to execute medical power of attorney and living will
How can we help you?
For more information on how a social worker can help, call (602) 406-4266.