Barrow Neurological Institute’s commitment to a platinum standard of patient care starts with the people we put at your bedside. We have recruited an experienced and devoted professional nursing staff with specialized knowledge of diseases and disorders of the nervous system.
Our reputation as a nationally ranked U.S. News and World Report Center for Neurology and Neurosurgery helps us to attract clinicians who view nursing not as a job but as a calling. Our position as a leader in neuroscience research and innovation, as well as our success in treating complex cases and dire disorders of the brain and spinal cord, draws nurses who want more than a paycheck—our nurses want the challenge of helping patients who need it most.
Comitted to Excellence in Neuroscience Nursing
The Barrow commitment to excellence in neuroscience nursing is reflected in many ways:
- No other hospital in the world has more nurses (125) certified in neuroscience nursing.
- We are not content to keep our knowledge on site. Our nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, and clinical educators have made presentations in locations ranging from down the street to across the globe.
- No other institution can count three past presidents of the Association of Neuroscience Nursing on its staff.
- Two of our nurses were founding members of the Neuroscience Nursing Foundation, an organization that raises and distributes scholarship and grant money to nursing students demonstrating tenacity and educational zeal.
- One of our nurses is the current president of the World Federation of Neuroscience Nurses.
- Our nurses actively conduct research and have been published in scientific journals and textbooks.
Our Areas of Neuroscience Nursing Expertise
- neurological intensive care
- epilepsy monitoring
- general neurosurgery
- neurointerventional radiology
- nursing education
- community prevention and education
How can we help?
For more information, please call 1-800-BARROW1 (227-7691) or (602) 406-6281. Request to be contacted.
Barrow Neurological Institute
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
350 West Thomas Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85013