Arizona Governor’s Council on Spinal and Head Injuries
The Arizona Governor’s Council on Spinal and Head Injuries provides information, services and support for individuals with spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries, their families and the professionals who serve them.
American Academy of Pediatrics Injury Prevention Program
Provides tips, information and suggestions for keeping children safe.
Brain Injury Association of America
Brain Injury Association of America is a national organization serving and representing individuals, families and professionals who are touched by traumatic brain injury. The BIAA provides information, education and support to assist the 3.17 million Americans currently living with traumatic brain injury and their families.
Brain Trauma Foundation
The Brain Trauma Foundation is dedicated to improving the outcome of Traumatic Brain Injury patients worldwide by developing best practices guidelines, conducting clinical research, and educating medical professionals and consumers.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
CDC’s research and programs work to prevent TBI and help people better recognize, respond, and recover if a TBI occurs.
Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives
The Dana Foundation is a private philanthropic organization that supports brain research through grants and educates the public about the successes and potential of brain research.
National Spinal Cord Injury Association
National Spinal Cord Injury Association is dedicated to improving the quality of life for hundreds of thousands of Americans living with the results of spinal cord injury and disease (SCI/D) and their families.
National ThinkFirst Campaign
The ThinkFirst National Injury Prevention Foundation's award-winning, evidence-based programs are aimed at helping people learn to reduce their risk for injury.
SafetyLit includes summaries of "scholarly" reports and journal articles about injury occurrence and risk factors.
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from thousands of types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction.
United Spinal Association
United Spinal Association is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit membership organization formed to improve the quality of life of all Americans living with spinal cord injuries and disorders, including multiple sclerosis, spina bifida, Lou Gehrig’s Disease, and post polio.
- Langlois JA, Rutland-Brown W, Thomas KE. Traumatic brain injury in the United States: emergency department visits, hospitalizations, and deaths. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, 2004
- Thurman D, Alverson C, Dunn K, Guerrero J, Sniezek J. Traumatic brain injury in the United States: a public health perspective. Journal of Head Trauma and Rehabilitation 1999;14(6):602 615
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control website, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/tbi/TBI.htm . Accessed August 2006
- Finkelstein E, Corso P, Miller T, and associates. The Incidence and Economic Burden of Injuries in the United States. New York: Oxford University Press, 2006
- National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center website, http://main.uab.edu/show.asp?durki=10766 . Accessed August 2006
- Alseres Pharmaceuticals website, http://www.alseres.com/product-pipeline/product-candidates/cethrin.asp . Accessed December 2007
Prayer for Those Who Have Suffered Trauma
Most merciful God,
bless all who have suffered trauma
in their lives.
Support them with love
during their time of shock.
Grace them with peace
as they wrestle with the challenges
of each day.
Sustain them in hope
as they prepare for the days ahead.
Vienna Cobb Anderson
Source: Adapted from "Prayers of Our Hearts"