Laura Knecht, MD
Medical Director, Barrow Pituitary Center
Hypothalamic Hamartoma Team
Laura Knecht, MD, is the Medical Director of the Pituitary Center at Barrow Neurological Institute and a faculty physician in Endocrinology in the Department of Internal Medicine at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center. Dr. Knecht is also a member of the Barrow Hypothalamic Hamartoma team.
Dr. Knecht accepts patients with all endocrine problems and she specializes in hypothalamic disorders and pituitary tumors and disorders. She is certified to perform her own thyroid ultrasounds and fine needle aspirations (FNA).
Dr. Knecht received her Medical Degree from the University of Arizona College of Medicine in Tucson, Arizona. She completed her Internal Medicine Residency at the Mayo Clinic – Scottsdale, Arizona and served as a Fellow in Endocrinology at Phoenix Citywide Endocrinology Fellowship.
Dr. Knecht is board certified in Endocrinology and Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine. For more information about Dr. Laura Knecht or to schedule an appointment, please contact (602) 406-2323.
Education, Training, and Previous Positions
- 2005-2007: Fellowship, Endocrinology, Phoenix Citywide Endocrinology Fellowship, Phoenix, Arizona
- 2002-2005: Residency, Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic-Scottsdale, Arizona
- 1998-2002: MD, University of Arizona College of Medicine
- 1993-1998: BS, Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Arizona
Selected Professional Memberships and Appointments
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- AACE Thyroid Ultrasound and FNA Biopsy Accreditation
- International Society for Clinical Densitometry – Bone Densitometry
- The Pituitary Society
- Pituitary Network Association
- The Endocrine Society
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Endocrine Fellows Foundation
- American Diabetes Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Arizona Medical Association