Biosketch > David Treiman, MD
1. Levine S, Treiman DM: Differential plasma corticosterone response to stress in four inbred strains of mice. Endocrinology, 75:142 144, 1964.
2. Treiman DM, Levine S: Plasma corticosteroid response to stress in four species of wild mice. Endocrinology, 84:676 680, 1969.
3. Treiman DM, Faulkner D, Levine S: Interaction of genotype and environment as determinants of corticosteroid response to stress. Developmental Psychobiology, 3:131 140, 1970.
4. Tourian A, Treiman DM, Carr JS: Developmental biology of hepatic phenylalanine hydroxylase activity in foetal and neonatal rats synchronized as to conception. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, 279:484 490, 1972.
5. Treiman DM, Tourian A: Phenylalanine hydroxylase in dilute lethal mice. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, 313:163 169, 1973.
6. Hulanika MD, Kredich NM, Treiman DM: Structural gene for O acetylserine sulfhydralase-A in salmonella typhimurium. Identity with the trzA locus. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 249:867 872, 1974.
7. Delgado Escueta AV, Enrile-Bacsal F, Treiman DM: Complex partial seizures on the closed-circuit television and EEG: A study of 691 attacks in 79 patients. Annals of Neurology, 11:292 300, 1982.
8. Cummings JL, Syndulko K, Goldberg Z, Treiman DM: Palinopsia reconsidered. Neurology, 32:444-447, 1982.
9. Delgado Escueta AV, Wasterlain C, Treiman DM, Porter RJ: Current concepts in neurology: Management of status epilepticus. New England Journal of Medicine, 306:1337 1340, 1982.
10. Spilker B, Wilder BJ, Bruni J, Mattson R, Masland R, Resor S, Wannamaker B, Maddox R, Treiman DM et al: A multicenter study of the efficacy and safety of cinromide in patients with partial seizures. Current Therapy Research, 34:7-14, 1983.
11. Delgado Escueta AV, Treiman DM, Walsh GO: Medical progress: The treatable epilepsies. New England Journal of Medicine, 308:1508 1514, 308:1576 1584, 1983.
12. Mattson RH, Cramer JA, Delgado Escueta AV, Smith DB, Collins JF, and the VA Epilepsy Cooperative Study Group: Treiman DM, et al: A design for the prospective evaluation of the efficacy and toxicity of antiepileptic drugs in adults. Neurology, 33(Suppl.1): 14-25, 1983.
13. Cramer JA, Smith DB, Mattson RH, Delgado-Escueta AV, and the VA Epilepsy Cooperative Study Group: Treiman DM et al: A method of quantification for the evaluation of antiepileptic drug therapy. Neurology, 33 (Suppl.1):26 37, 1983.
14. Mattson RH, Cramer JA, Collins JF, Smith DB, Brown TR, Delgado-Escueta AV, Williamson PD, Treiman DM, McNamara JO, McCutchen CB, Rosenthal NP, Mayersdorf A: Comparison of carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, and primidone in partial and secondarily generalized tonic-clonic seizures. VA Cooperative Study #118. New England Journal of Medicine, 313:145-151, 1985.
15. Treiman DM, Wilensky AJ, Ben Menachem E, Ojemann L, Yerby M, Barber KO, McCormick K, Cereghino JJ, White BG, Swisher K: Efficacy of nafimidone in the treatment of intractable partial seizures: Report of a two center pilot study. Epilepsia, 26:607 611, 1985.
16. Smith DB, Craft BR, Collins JF, Mattson RH, Cramer JA, and the VA Epilepsy Cooperative Study Group #118: Treiman DM et al: Behavioral characteristics of epilepsy patients compared with normal controls. Epilepsia, 27:760 768, 1986.
17. Treiman DM: Epilepsy and violence: Medical and legal issues. Epilepsia, 27(Suppl. 2):S77 S104, 1986.
18. Homan RW, Miller B, and the VA Epilepsy Cooperative Study Group: Treiman DM et al: Causes of treatment failure with antiepileptic drugs vary over time. Neurology, 37:1620 1623, 1987.
19. Treiman DM, Gunawan S: Pharmacokinetics of nafimidone in patients with chronic intractable epilepsy. Clinical Pharmacokinetics, 12:433 439, 1987.
20. Gunawan S, Treiman DM: High performance liquid chromatography determination of nafimidone and its major metabolite nafimidone alcohol in human plasma and urine. Journal of Chromatography, 414:389 398, 1987.
21. Treiman DM, Ben-Menachem E: Inhibition of carbamazepine and phenytoin metabolism by nafimidone, a new antiepileptic drug. Epilepsia, 28:699 712, 1987.
22. Browne TR, Mattson RH, Penry JK, Smith DB, Treiman DM, Wilder BJ, Ben-Menachem E, Napoliello MJ, Sherry KM, Szabo GK: Vigabatrin for refractory complex partial seizures: Multicenter single blind study with long term follow up. Neurology, 37:184 189, 1987.
23. Treiman DM: Efficacy and safety of antiepileptic drugs: A review of controlled trials. Epilepsia, 28(Suppl.3):S1 S8, 1987.
24. Smith DB, Mattson RH, Cramer JA, Collins JF, Novelly RA, Craft BR, and the VA Epilepsy Cooperative Study Group: Treiman DM, et al: Results of a Nationwide Veterans Administration Cooperative study comparing the efficacy and toxicity of carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, and primidone. Epilepsia, 28(Suppl.3):S50 S58, 1987.
25. Chelberg RH, Gunawan S, Treiman DM: Simultaneous high performance liquid chromatography determination of carbamazepine and its principal metabolites in human plasma and urine. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, 10:188-193, 1988.
26. Gunawan S, Treiman DM: Determination of lorazepam in plasma of patients during status epilepticus by high performance liquid chromatography. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, 10:172-176, 1988.
27. Walton NY, Treiman DM: Experimental secondarily generalized convulsive status epilepticus induced by D,L homocysteine thiolactone. Epilepsy Research, 2:79-86, 1988.
28. Cramer JA, Collins JF, Mattson RH, and the VA Epilepsy Cooperative Study Group: Treiman DM et al: Can categorization of patient background problems be used to determine early termination in a clinical trial? Controlled Clinical Trials, 9:47 63, 1988.
29. Treiman DM: Clinical benefits of vigabatrin. British Journal of Clinical Practice, 421 (Suppl.6):24-29, 1988.
30. Walton NY, Treiman DM: Response of status epilepticus induced by lithium and pilocarpine to treatment with diazepam. Experimental Neurology, 101:267-275, 1988.
31. Mattson RH, Cramer JA, Collins JF, and the VA Epilepsy Cooperative Study Group: Treiman DM et al: Aspects of compliance in epilepsy: Taking drugs and keeping appointments. Epilepsy Research, 2(Suppl.1):111-118, 1988.
32. Kapetanovic IM, Torchin DC, Kupferberg HJ, Treiman DM, DeGiorgio CM, Barber K, Norton L, Lau M, Whitley L, Cereghino JJ: Pharmacokinetic profile of flunarizine after single and multiple dosing in epileptic patients receiving comedication. Epilepsia, 29:770-774, 1988. 33. Ben Menachem E, Treiman DM: Effect of gamma vinyl GABA on interictal spikes and sharp waves in patients with intractable complex partial seizures. Epilepsia, 30:79-83, 1989.
34. Mattson RH, Cramer JA, McCutchen CB, and the VA Cooperative Study Group: Treiman DM et al: Barbiturate-related connective tissue disorders. Archives of Internal Medicine, 149:911-914, 1989.
35. Mikati MA, Browne TR, Collins JF, and the VA Epilepsy Cooperative Study #118 Group: Treiman DM et al: Time course of carbamazepine autoinduction. Neurology, 39:592-594, 1989.
36. Walton NY, Treiman DM: Phenobarbital treatment of status epilepticus in a rodent model. Epilepsy Research, 4:216-221, 1989.
37. Treiman DM: Gamma vinyl GABA: Current role in the management of drug-resistant epilepsy. Epilepsia, 30(Suppl.3): S31-S35, 1989.
38. Treiman DM: Pharmacokinetics and clinical use of benzodiazepines in the management of status epilepticus. Epilepsia, 30(Suppl.2):S4-S10, 1989.
39. Browne TR, Mattson RH, Penry JK, Smith DB, Treiman DM, Wilder BJ, Ben-Menachem E, Miketa RM, Sherry KM, Szabo GK: A multicenter study of vigabatrin for drug-resistant epilepsy. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 27:95S-100, 1989.
40. Treiman DM, Walton NY, Kendrick C: A progressive sequence of electroencephalographic changes during generalized convulsive status epilepticus. Epilepsy Research, 5:49-60, 1990.